Monday, December 19, 2011

When Did Atheists Become Persnickety, Litigious Anti-Christmas Whiners?

Doug Giles   "My other non-believing buddies who weren’t the robust Hemingway types were usually heady stoners who were into physics, Pink Floyd and Frisbee and were completely comfortable around people of faith versus today’s reflexively irate, touchy atheists who pop a blood vein in their forehead if they accidentally hear “Silent Night” playing at Macy’s.
"For God’s sake atheists, übermensch up why don’t you?"
....
"FYI to the spindly atheists: You’ve got your work cut out for you if you want to scrub culture of its Christian influence because we have rubber stamped this planet via the arts and human expression for many, many moons. Have you ever heard of Bach, van Eyck, Vermeer, Handel, Mendelssohn, Haydn and a writer named Billy Shakespeare? What about the artists of the early Italian Renaissance or the tens of thousands of other artists, writers and composers throughout history who were either die-hard believers or at least worked within the framework of a Christian worldview? Are you going to take a belt sander to their works....?"

What will happen when these people discover what the bagpipe tune "Amazing Grace" played at government funerals is all about?
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
....
When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.
First Red China had their cultural revolution; now America is having one inflicted upon her.

1 comment:

Ronbo said...

@Bill:

In my never humble opinion, you are the writer-editor-publisher of one of the best news and commentary websites on the Internet.

This morning I have published a sample of your articles on my blog in the hopes that my readers will put your blog under their favorites button and click on it every morning to get updated on what's really happening in the world.

Cheers, Ronbo