Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Letter from a friend and a Tunnel Wall reader

At first I planned to attach this to a related post, but this letter seemed too good to me not to just use it as a standalone post. Ron has been, well, a "foxhole buddy" as we stood together in a number of printed debates with those of the left. Let's hope you appreciate Ron's words as much as I. "Just words?" I think not. TD

Ron's letter:
I am firmly convinced that this is the most important election of our lifetime and that we need to do all we can to stir thoughts in the minds of likely voters.  I don't give a hoot about those who sound off, but will not vote and I don't care about those who are silent and believe that their vote doesn't count anyway.  My youngest brother lives in Australia, where they are required to vote or be fined.  I strongly disagree with that approach.  I believe that there are many people out there that simply shouldn't vote.  I mean that sincerely.  If you honestly don't care what happens and can't be bothered to make up your mind about where this country should stand on the critical issues of our times, you are the last person that I want going into that voting booth and making a ballot.  

I am not one to pass along many internet messages, especially to my friends who already are conservative constitutionalists, and I don't want to annoy those who are firmly "leftist" and will be more determined to vote because I annoyed them with emails about their favorite politician.  I believe that the people who really care about where we are headed will get informed about the candidates and get out and vote.  In fact, Dick Morris says that everyone is looking at the polls of "registered voters" and he points out that those polls are invalid.  What he watched are the polls of "likely voters" because registered voters who are not likely voters won't vote anyway.  He also points out that (historically) "undecided voters" who have not made up their minds at this point in a presidential election year will likely not vote for the incumbent.  This gives me hope.  He says that the election is going to go strongly against Obama.  I pray that he is right.

President Obama and his cabinet have trampled on the Constitution and it is time to get them out.  The audacity of our President, lecturing the Supreme Court about how far their authority goes and cautioning them to not overstep their bounds was infuriating to me.  If the SCOTUS does not strike down at least the individual mandate of Obamacare, I will be shocked beyond belief. 

Photobucket
I am over in Germany right now, working with some of my former colleagues, teaching intelligence analysts at the NATO School and had a very long and interesting dialogue with a couple of Canadian colleagues last night over dinner.  Canadians believe they understand our system and sometimes want to offer us advice, but when you get right down to it, they don't fully understand and they react to what the media is telling them.  I have reread  The Federalist Papers within the past year and have spent more time actually digesting what is behind the motives of the actions taken by the Obamacrats.  I am writing more frequently to my two Senators (Murray and Cantwell), so they can't totally ignore that there are constituents out there that disagree with the votes they are casting and the perspectives they are promulgating to their electorate.
Keep up the good work with the TW.
Cordially and Respectfully,
Ron

1 comment:

Ronbo said...

Excellent article!

Who needs The New York Times when We The People have all the wisdom?