Sunday, August 26, 2012

Think Football Would Be Left Alone by the Radical Left? Not For Long.

Conservative Daily News  "The American Spectator recently pointed out that football has become “the new smoking.” If only the scourge of leftism were that toxic.

"No, it’s much, much worse than that. Football represents a complete affront to the entire project of radicalism, which decades ago spread to our universities, schools, entertainment, and legal professions.
"The last remaining conservative bastions — the military and professional sports — are presently under assault by leftists who cannot stand to leave these exemplars of patriotism and capitalist competition alone. So football fans better keep their heads on a swivel."
...."The NFL, without any affirmative action policy and simply through the standard of open competition, confirms an argument that conservatives have been making for years: That a true market is colorblind. In the NFL, the rule is simple: Either you are a great football player or you are a fan."
The Left Politicizes Everything -- Including Football   "I watch a lot of football and I can't tell you the last time I saw a male reporter doing an on-field interview.  They're always females doing on-field interviews.  And then, you know, I played football with my class, high school football boys, and I got injured in January.  I'm 44 years old, and I got injured, and I'm still struggling through the injury.  It was a right hand injury.  And everybody is like, "What are you doing?"  Well, I like the game, I love the game, and I'm really upset with players who I have met personally some of them at training camps who are coming out saying things that are gonna hurt the game.  I knew the risk when I went in and played in January, and I'd do it again because I love football.  And so I mean I'm all around upset about what's going on with the NFL right now.  All around upset."   I just sneaked (snuck?) a Rush Limbaugh piece by you with this.

No comments:

George Floyd Revisited: Derek Chauvin Was Wrongfully Convicted

  The American Spectator | USA News and Politics Derek Chauvin and his colleagues did not murder George Floyd. Chauvin’s prosecution and tri...

https://spectator.org/