Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Just thinking about how our SEALs fought and died in Benghazi

Mark Steyn; Benhoozi? "In the smoking ruins of that consulate in Benghazi, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods fought for hours and killed 60 of the enemy before they were overwhelmed, waiting for the cavalry that never came. They’re still waiting – for Candy Crowley, David Gregory, Bob Schieffer, and George Stephanopoulos to do their job."
Political Cartoons by Eric Allie
They called for help  "At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Spectre gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights....

From Blackfive; Former Delta Operator on "The Panetta Doctrine" or also known as "The Dumbest S--t I Ever Heard!"
"Got an email from the retired former Delta operator in the Benghazi post. And yes, he mis-spells the SecDef's name on purpose."

"This is about doctrine, specifically the Obama Administration's doctrine, and how it doesn't work in the real world:"...
In all that time, I never hit an objective where two Navy SEALs were already there and feeding me all the information I could ever want! Hell, that wouldn’t even be a raid, it would be a link-up!

What more information do you need? Or was this never about information at all? Was it really the president deciding that the lives of four Americans wasn’t worth as much as a campaign talking point?

A post from Pundit and Pundette included this:
If you need a reminder to buy bottled water and tape the widows before a hurricane, Obama is your man. If you’re running a machine gun, soon to be covered in your own blood, on the roof of a building under fire in Libya at 3 a.m., if you’ve called three times over a period of almost seven hours for air cover that is within a couple of hours away (or, as we might learn, in the armed drone directly above) — well, you’re on your own. The president will get back to you.
FACT CHECK: Did the Navy Seals who died in the Benghazi attacks kill 60 jihadis?

I regret to tell you: "In this original post the claim has no supporting sources that tell where the claim originated."
"According to a source on the ground at the time of the attack, the team inside the CIA annex had captured three Libyan attackers and was forced to hand them over to the Libyans. U.S. officials do not know what happened to those three attackers and whether they were released by the Libyan forces.

Blackfive  "The only way I buy that the former SEAL was lasing the target without an active asset to synch to and destroy the target...maybe, just maybe, it was a last stand move. Maybe he did that to give the inbounds a target if he didn't make it..."

In case you wonder what someone on the ground would use to "paint a target" for air strikes, below is something like what would be used.
Laser targeting systems "The IZLID 1000P is a long-range IR laser for pointing and marking by military forces on the ground and in the air. A simple adjustment turns the laser into an IR illuminator for rapid target identification with night vision goggles (NVGs) and IR sensors. It is ideal as a command pointer, for target marking, and for visual communication between ground forces and aircraft. Overcoming virtually all ambient lighting conditions, the IZLID 1000P laser places a very powerful and tightly focused IR dot on the target. The bright beam is often used by a Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) or Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) to communicate visually with aircraft and direct airstrikes."

LOW PROFILE IN BENGHAZI: WHEN POLITICAL CORRECTNESS KILLS  "At 4 am the two ex-SEALs were killed by a barrage of well-placed mortar fire as they maintained a desperate overwatch  on the roof of the annex. When the shooting abruptly stopped, the Benghazi mission and annex were abandoned, and sensitive papers picked over by the curious.  Al Qaeda quickly took credit for the attack, and within two hours cables notified the White House of this fact."

The President's prayer for our SEALs in harm's way
Now I lay me down to sleep.
I pray those SEALs aren’t in too deep.
But if they die before I wake,
I’m sure I’ll get a media break.

Now I lay me down to sleep.
I hope this doesn’t turn to (bleep).
Let others watch throughout the night.
I’ve got an early Vegas flight.

Now I lay me down to sleep.
I fear the price they’ll pay is steep.
But look at it my personal way,
It won’t be my most optimal day.

Now I lay me down to sleep.
I know my flacks can surely keep
The truth from getting in the way,
Until polls close Election Day.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
To dream of goals that I must keep;
To close my ears to all your pleas,
As I bring America to her knees.

No comments: