Thursday, October 3, 2013

Urban Legend; Seniors over 75 denied some Medicare coverage


The rumor as I received it in an email forwarded by a
friend:

Age 76 Today, I went to the Dr. for my monthly B12 shot that I have been getting for a number of years. The nurse came and got me, got out the needle filled and ready to go then looked at the computer and got very quiet and asked if I was prepared to pay for it. I said no that my insurance takes care of it.
She said, that Medicare had turned it down and went to talk to my Dr. about it. 15 minutes later she came back and said, she was sorry but they had tried every-thing they could but Medicare is beginning to
turn many things away for seniors because of the projected Obama Care coming in. She was brushing at tears and said, "Some day they too will get old", I am so very sorry!!
YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LIKE THIS...

At age 76 when you most need it, you are not eligible for cancer treatment....

TD added this photo. Neat, huh?
However....
Truth or Fiction:   Warnings about HB-3200: Affordable Healthcare Act or Obamacare-Fiction!
The Truth:  "HB-3200 is not the Affordable Healthcare Act that was signed into law by the President after it was passed by the Senate and the House of Representatives.  HR-3590 is the official document and all references in this eRumor are invalid.

"TruthOrFiction.Com has an extensive report posted with findings on such allegations of Obamacare.  
Click for findings."

Snopes reports this as false. The site will not allow highlight and copy so you have to read it the same way your ancestors did: click on the link.

Oh, by the way...Guess what the new Obamacare 1-800 National Hotline spells out?   "That is, 1-800-3(F) 8(U) 2(C) 5(K) 9(Y) 6(O)"

No comments: