Saturday, July 19, 2014

Is This The Ultimate in Hillary Clinton Media/Feminist Sycophancy?

Ace of Spades HQ    "The Stylist" is a UK publication".  It bills itself as a "consumer magazine." I do not know what this means. Looking on the web for guidance, it seems to only mean "not a professional or trade magazine; a magazine directed towards the general public's general interests." 
Or something like that.
I think maybe it means "a silly magazine for dumb people."

Hillary Clinton on criticism, taking breaks and why the White House needs a woman

"I can only excerpt a little of Andrew Stiles' excerpts. It's all worth reading though.
His excerpts, I mean, not the "consumer magazine" story.
As I crammed years of Hillary's utterly mind-blowing life into just a week, something else dawned on me. I had never--would never--experience busyness like Hillary. Hard Choices details the life of someone special: a woman with a huge capacity for understanding, a woman with an exceptional EQ and IQ (as Secretary of State she needed to remember hundreds of people, understand the intricacies of cultural and societal differences, handle delicate international business negotiations and, more pertinently, fight for people’s lives through peace deals). She was responsible for the most difficult of decisions: those that deal with life and death. It was around that moment of clarity when I stopped telling people how busy I was.
...
Throughout my interview with Hillary, she is fiercely engaged; her eyes--sparkly, wide, alert--remain firmly focused on me. She is warm, considered, talks slowly and thoughtfully and uses--consciously or not--tactics that put me at ease. She frequently answers my queries with the response: "Now, that’s a great question"...

"This reporterette is blown away that a politician flatters her interviewer by saying "Now that's a great question."
She's never seen this tactic before. It's a novelty, a breakthrough. At least for her.
"The Stylist" magazine is not exactly The National Review, I guess.
she litters her answers with colloquialisms that put us on a level and, listening back, I am struck by the amount of times she says, "You know".
"The woman is incredible. She uses "You know" as an opening hesitation instead of patriarchal hesitations like "Well" or "You see."
"And of course there's that charming laugh.
" 'I was going to say the same thing!" emails Pennywise the Clown.
I can see that these natural skills make her the perfect diplomat, the ultimate
leader. These are the skills she believes women bring to business. But it would be naive to think that gender differences still don't present challenges. There's also the matter of the complex, mechanized walker she needs to simulate normal human locomotion.
"I may have added that last part.
"By the way, I did not confirm that this reporter is female. I didn't look at her byline.
"I say that in defense of calling her a "reporterette." I do not know, for a fact, that she's a she.
"But if her girlish squee-ing suggested that to me-- that is rather more on her than on me." 

No comments: