Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Bob Hope Christmas

Big Geek Dad   "Bob Hope was without a doubt one of the greatest entertainers of all time. A wonderful look at some special moments Bob spent with the troops during his many Christmas performances. What a classic entertainer he was and I’m sure that anyone that ever saw him perform live will never forget the show. Thank You to all the Veterans that ever spent a Christmas away from their family and to Bob Hope for spending his Christmas with the troops."

Hat tip to John Paul Curnutt of Madras, OR, whose email included this text:
What memories this brings back.
Alan Alda first saw Bob Hope in WWII. Until the day he died his Dad never ever
missed a Bob Hope special. Alan remembered him laughing and crying at
every show but he never understood why. Now he knows.
Warning. This might make your eyes wet!
Those were the days…..jokes were funny, not disgusting…….and the girls were dressed to make them look pretty, not vulgar...
This is some priceless footage..... This is a great e-mail. It makes me thankful that I am old enough to have lived in the time of Bob Hope.
“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at
the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me Death!"

God Bless America !

No comments: