Friday, August 14, 2015

How to remedy America’s social ills? Exercise the mind’s power to choose, says Ben Carson


. . . "But there were certain intervening events that were pivotal in helping to change the course of my life.

"The first was that my mother, who could barely read herself, forbid my brother and me from watching television and insisted instead that we read books. Reading opened up whole new worlds for me, and both fertilized my imagination and fueled my aspiration to go beyond the confines of my physical environment. The second major intervening event was my acceptance of the wisdom of God. An incident in which I attempted to stab a classmate out of anger forced me to confront a dysfunctional attitude that, if unchecked, would impede my ability to succeed in school or realize my dream of one day becoming a doctor. I prayed to God to guide me in becoming more tolerant and forbearing." : . . .

 Read the full article

No comments: