Friday, August 21, 2015

John Kasich; I’m fine with abortion; it is the law of the land

"Today in New Hampshire, even as a new video from Center for Medical Progress was circulating which described cutting open the face of a still living baby to extract its brain, John Kasich had this to say about abortion:
“I would like to ask whether you can respect the Roe versus Wade decision, and I ask because as a lifelong libertarian, I’m looking for a candidate to support who is both a fiscal conservative and not a threat to a woman’s right to control her own body,” said a voter at a town hall event in Salem, New Hampshire.
“Obviously, it’s the law of the land now, and we live with the law of the land,” Kasich replied.
"The full answer is a bit more expansive, he added: “It’s the law of the land until it changes.”
"This is straight out of the John Weaver play book. Via CNN:
“I think (abortion) is an important issue, but I think there’s many other issues that are really critical. Early childhood. Infant mortality. The environment. Education,” he said. “I think we focus too much on just one issue, and now that the issue of gay marriage is kind of off the table, we’re kind of down to one social issue.”
"It makes you wonder what kind of a dunderhead could place the environment and education above the life of a child." . . .

No comments: