Tuesday, April 24, 2018

HERO: Meet the Man Who Tackled the Waffle House Shooter

"After suffering a few scrapes on his elbow and being discharged from the hospital, Shaw Jr attended church with his mother." Timothy Meads
Just think; in Tennessee before the civil rights movement, the hero by law would not have even been allowed into this restaurant as a customer. I'm so glad both whites and blacks have now been freed from that millstone, and know this: we are a better nation because of young men like James Shaw. The Tunnel Dweller

Timothy Meads


"Earlier today, a madman with a gun opened fire on a Waffle House in Antioch, Tennessee. But one hero ran towards the bullets instead of away from them. Police say James Shaw Jr.’s actions saved many lives."

Waffle House Hero Is Healing Through Faith: ‘It Just Made Sense For Me To Go To Church  . . . "Shaw Jr. said he needed a sense of community and love to heal, which lead him to church where he received the loving support of his family and friends.


“ 'I just went to church just so I could begin kind of like the healing process and kind of persevere through this situation,” he said. “And I just wanted to be around, you know, some love. My fraternal brothers came to support me. My family was there to support me. The church was there to support me.”

No comments: