Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Bill Clinton tries a do-over as book publicity tour nightmare looms, helped by a late-night TV host


Thomas Lifson   'Last night with the help of Stephen Colbert, known for his vicious attacks on President Trump, Bill Clinton desperately tried to recover from his disastrous Today show interview peddling the thriller novel he purportedly "co-wrote" with James Patterson.  Colbert began the interview openly admitting his intent of helping Clinton out of the hole he has dug for himself, beginning the exchange with this statement:
I noticed you didn't enjoy that entire [Today show] interview. I want you to enjoy this one.
"I don't think Colbert's hopes were realized, but not for his lack of effort.  Clinton obviously realizes he has no way out from the trap that has sprung on him, now that #MeToo reigns on the left and he and Hillary are unable to deliver any power.  He is still blaming NBC ("They had to distill it, and it looked like it said I didn't apologize and had no intention to, and I was mad at me."), and the most he will say is that he already apologized: "But the important thing is that was a very painful thing that happened 20 years ago and I apologized to my family, to Monica Lewinsky and her family, to the American people.  I meant it then; I meant it now.  I have had to live with the consequences every day since.' " . . .
The Late Show @colbertlateshow
TONIGHT: Stephen offers @BillClinton the opportunity for a do-over regarding a question he was asked in an interview earlier this week.

No comments: