Saturday, January 4, 2020

Terry Gilliam faces backlash after labeling #MeToo a 'witch-hunt'

Terry Gilliam
The Guardian  . . . The website PinkNews offered swift condemnation, calling the 79-year-old’s comments “a feeble attempt to prove that white men are the real victims”.
"The Time Bandits director and Monty Python cast member, who first described himself as a black lesbian in interviews last year, made his latest comments to the Independent while promoting his film The Man Who Killed Don Quixote, released later this month.
. . . "Gilliam was essentially repeating comments he made in 2018, at a film festival in the Czech Republic. Then, he said: “I no longer want to be a white male, I don’t want to be blamed for everything wrong in the world: I tell the world now I’m a black lesbian … My name is Loretta and I’m a BLT, a black lesbian in transition.”
"Speaking to the Independent, he said: “You can hate what I just said. That’s fine! No problem. I mean, you can believe whatever you want to believe, but fundamentalism always ends up being, ‘You have to attack other people who are not like you,’ and that’s what makes me crazy.' ”
 Monty Pythons Jailer Sketch 2

This sketch really shows the brilliance of Terry Gilliam, the animated cartoonist for the Monty Python gang. I'd like to show you the 'Jailer scene' from 'The Life of Brian' Gilliam is the jailer who stands behind Michael Palin the organizer and plays dumb with Eric Idle brilliantly - it always has me rolling in the isles - enjoy

No comments: