Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Rush Limbaugh's Lung Cancer Announcement

Rush Limbaugh says he’s been diagnosed with lung cancer  More here 
. . . "Many years ago, I wrote at my blog an appreciation of Rush, which he was kind enough to read on the air. It was then and remains the single most exciting day I ever had as a blogger. In it, I related a conversation I had with someone who was afraid to listen to Rush lest Rush change his Leftist point of view. I closed with these words, which are as true now as they were a decade ago when I wrote them:. . . " Andrea Widburg



Rush Limbaugh says he’s been diagnosed with lung cancer

Breitbart on Rush:  . . ."
And I feel thankful at Thanksgiving, but Christmas it really gets to me. But over the years, a lot of people have been very nice telling me how much this program has meant to them. But whatever that is, it pales in comparison to what you all have meant to me. And I can’t describe this. But I know you’re there every day. I can see you. It’s strange how, but I know you’re there.
"I know you’re there in great numbers, and I know that you understand everything I say. The rest of the world may not when they hear it expressed a different way, but I know that you do. You’ve been one of the greatest sources of confidence that I’ve had in my life. So I hope I will be talking about this as little as necessary in the coming days.
"But we’ve got a great bunch of doctors, a great team assembled. We’re at full-speed ahead on this, and it’s just now a matter of implementing what we are gonna be told later this week. So I’ll be back here. I hope I’ll be back Thursday. If not, it will be as soon as I can — and know that every day I’m not here, I’ll be thinking about you and missing you. Thank you very much."
Rush’s cancer announcement gives leftists another chance to show their hate  "Once upon a time in America, a country with a two-party political system stretching back more than two hundred years, when people of one party learned that a respected member of the other party was ill, they put aside their political differences to express sympathy and extend good wishes.
"On the Republican side of the aisle, that continues to be the case. On the Democrat side, though, too many people no longer pretend to feel sympathy for the sick or the bereaved.
"To these fanatic leftists, all conservatives are effectively Hitler. This means that the only right and proper response to hearing bad news about a Republican is to celebrate. And that, sadly, is how some Democrats and their NeverTrump fellow travelers are choosing to respond to the news about Rush Limbaugh’s cancer diagnosis." . . .

No comments: