Monday, August 9, 2021

While Everyone Else Kneeled, One Lone Olympian Showed Everyone What True Champions Are Made Of

While some Olympic athletes like Megan Rapinoe appeared to be more focused on advancing their left-wing activism than winning, others are showing what true champions are made of.

"Carli Lloyd of the U.S. women’s soccer team scored two goals to help the U.S. claim a bronze medal by beating Australia 4-3.

"She also was the lone athlete who stood alone for the National Anthem.

"When her teammates kneeled in protest, Lloyd was “a model of poise and patriotism with her hand over her heart,” according to Business Insider.

"She is reportedly the first athlete to score a goal in four separate Olympics and tied her for the U.S. women’s record of most Olympic goals, according to WCAU-TV." . . .

After Turning Back on Flag, US Olympian Gwen Berry Suffers Massive Defeat in Tokyo, Comes in Almost Dead Last


. . . "Berry has placed almost dead last in the Olympic final.

She finished 11th out of 12 competitors. She threw the hammer at a distance of 71.35 meters, which is over four meters short of a medal.

“I feel like I’ve earned the right to wear this uniform,” she said.

If given the opportunity, Berry hinted that she would turn the medal ceremony into a political spectacle.

“I’ll represent the oppressed people,” she said. “That’s been my message for the last three years.” . . .

"This is refreshing to see. Amid rampant left-wing protests by U.S. athletes at the Olympics, one Olympian is showing liberals what real patriotism looks like." . . .


"Chicago-born U.S. athlete Tamyra Mensah-Stock became the first African-American woman to win gold in wrestling. What was her response? She 
thanked God and expressed joy at representing the United States.
"While holding the American flag tightly, Mensah-Stock said, “It feels amazing. I love representing the U.S.”
“ 'I freaking love living there. I love it, and I’m so happy I get to represent USA!” she said. She also stated, “I’m feeling very happy and I keep trying not to cry, but it keeps happening. I just wanna go into a dark room and just cry.”

No comments: