Thursday, October 21, 2021

Superman colorist quits over comic's embrace of wokness: 'Tired of this s***'

Fox News  "A colorist involved in creating the Superman comic says he is quitting his position in response to the "wokeness" that has permeated the franchise.  

 " 'I’m finishing out my contract with DC. I’m tired of this s***, I’m tired of them ruining these characters; they don’t have a right to do this," Superman: Son of Kal-El colorist Gabe Eltaeb said during a recent podcast, according to Bounding Into Comics.

" 'What really pissed me off was saying truth, justice, and a better world," Eltaeb added. "F*** that it was Truth, Justice, and the American way," he said. "My Grandpa almost died in World War II; we don’t have a right to destroy s**t that people died for to give us. It’s a bunch of f****** nonsense."

"DC Comics, the longtime publisher of Superman comics, recently announced that Superman’s new slogan no longer states that the hero is fighting for "truth, justice, and the American way" but now stands for "truth, justice and a better tomorrow." . . .

CNN’S STELTER PRAISES DROPPING OF SUPERMAN'S 'AMERICAN WAY' MOTTO, CALLS IT 'ETHNONATIONALISM'  

No comments: