Thursday, March 10, 2022

Reasons to consider Stephen Colbert a weasel

 Stephen Colbert Blasted for Saying He'd Pay $15 for Gas (outsider.com)

  

Stephen Colbert mocks Americans uneasy over gas prices: 'I'll pay $15 a gallon ... I drive a Tesla' - Washington Times  Video

One Twitter user wrote: “‘I don’t mind paying $15 a gallon, cause I drive a Tesla’ is a joke, until you realize that it really defines the disconnect between the mentality of celebrities and the people who have to drive to work everyday in a car that costs less than $50k.


"Television host Stephen Colbert is facing criticism for making insensitive remarks about the cost of gas while owning a Tesla himself.". . .

. . .“Since the invasion, oil prices have skyrocketed,” Colbert said on The Late Show. “Today, the average gas price in America hit an all-time record high of over $4 per gallon. Okay, that stings, but a clear conscience is worth a buck or two. I’m willing to pay $4 a gallon. Hell, I’ll pay $15 a gallon because I drive a Tesla. Take that, Putin! We’re not gonna buy our gas from a war criminal,” Colbert said. “We’re gonna buy it from the good guys, Saudi Arabia!”. . .

Stephen Colbert Jokes About Rising Gas Prices Amid Russia-Ukraine Conflict: 'I Drive a Tesla' (ijr.com)   

Late-night host Stephen Colbert says a “clean conscience” is worth the rising price of gas amid Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

. . ."Earlier on Monday, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg was criticized for touting the “gas savings of driving” an electric vehicle amid the price spike in gas". . .

Stephen Colbert’s Elitism On Soaring Gas Prices: ‘Hell, I’ll Pay $15 A Gallon Because I Drive A Tesla’ | The Daily Wire

2019: WATCH: Colbert Brutally Mocks Farmers Hurt by Trump Tariffs (mediaite.com)



No comments: