Friday, December 2, 2022

Democratic West Virginia State Senator - not Manchin - Switches to Republican Party

 Resist the Mainstream


. . ."State Senator Glenn Jeffries submitted paperwork to join the Republican caucus after being elected in 2016 to serve as a Democrat. The Republicans now hold a majority in the state senate of 31 senators. 

"“I have the greatest respect for the many friends and supporters I have been blessed with during my time in public office,” Jeffries said in his announcement. “I hope to continue and strengthen those relationships going forward.”

"“Our politics have gotten so personal and difficult. I want to make sure that I serve constituents and our state in a respectful, thoughtful way that leads to a better life for all West Virginians,” he added. 

"Jeffries did not provide a purpose as to why he made the switch, but in a release, the West Virginia Democratic Party said the change was because of “discomfort with Democratic Party values.' ”. . .

No comments: