Sunday, May 21, 2023

WNBA's Brittney Griner: 'I Definitely Want to Stand' for the National Anthem

 “Just being able to hear my national anthem, see my flag, I definitely want to stand. Now everybody that will not stand or not come out, I totally support them 100 percent. That’s our right, as an American in this great country,” she said.

Breitbart   "WNBA star Brittney Griner is finally speaking out personally after her sports rep published an op-ed explaining why she will stand for the national anthem after years of protesting it.

"On Friday, for the first time in years, Griner stood for the national anthem ahead of the Phoenix Mercury’s 94-71 loss against the Los Angeles Sparks.

"After the game, Griner explained why she stood, according to Fox News.

“You have the right to protest, the right to able to speak out, question, challenge and do all these things,” Griner said. “What I went through and everything, it just means a little bit more to me now. So I want to be able to stand. I was literally in a cage [in Russia] and could not stand the way I wanted to.”. . .


. . ."Now that she is safely back in the U.S.A., though, Griner is saying that the anthem “definitely hit different” to her than it once did.

"Imagine that."

Brittney Griner discusses national anthem stance in return: ‘I definitely want to stand’

"Just being able to hear my national anthem, see my flag, I definitely want to stand. Now everybody that will not stand or not come out, I totally support them 100 percent. That's our right, as an American in this great country."

Hoping to hear soon about Brittney Griner's epiphany from Megan Rapinoe. How can she say much given the big show she has made of kneeling during our anthem? TD 

Look at me, America! 

No comments: