Monday, August 28, 2023

Karine Jean-Pierre: I Was Picked for the Role Because I'm 'Beyond Capable'

 Karine Jean-Pierre: I Was Picked for the Role Because I'm 'Beyond Capable' (townhall.com)     She aimed for capable and missed it by a mile. TD


"Back in June, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre spoke with theGrio on multiple occasions to promote herself as "historic" and said "I cannot fail," as "it's not an option." It looks like this lack of humility is a pattern, given that she's also "beyond capable," and that that is why President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden picked her for the job.

"The remarks in question come from a podcast recorded in March with Stacy Brown that is once more gaining attention. When discussing how she was picked for the job, Jean-Pierre offered that "they decided to put me in this position," speaking of the president and first lady. "They decided that they wanted Karine Jean-Pierre, with all of the things, all of the communities that I represent, clearly being a black person, right, being a black woman. They said, we want you to represent us, we want you to represent the White House. We want to meet this moment that we're in, and we know that you are beyond capable of doing that, right. You are--you are, uh, you are experienced, and you are the voice that we want to have."

"She then told Brown that "knowing that I am representing the voice of the president, then I have to do that, right? That's the job." In that case, then, it would appear, that the president doesn't know much of what's going on or would defer to others, given how often Jean-Pierre doesn't have answers or is referring the press to other departments. She's often blamed the Trump administration for issues, too." . . .

No comments: