John Fetterman slams Mamdani as 'clown' over Netanyahu arrest threat: 'You can fix a pothole'
. . . "You can fix a pothole. You can take out the trash. But you can't order people to arrest anybody any more than I could. I couldn't have him arrested if he came to Pennsylvania. It's a joke, and he's a clown.""Fetterman also challenged Mamdani's statement that Netanyahu was "not welcome" in New York, arguing that the mayor does not have the power to enforce such a position.
"'He also said that Netanyahu is not welcome in New York.
"You can't say that any more than I can say, 'Mayor, you're not welcome in Pennsylvania.' So sit down. I know you're a clown, and you're just going to pander to the fringe because that's part of your base." . . .
"I have been briefed on today’s horrifying stabbings on the Upper West Side, where an Asian man and a Jewish man were attacked. According to witness and victim statements, the perpetrator yelled "Allahu Akbar" during both attacks. I am relieved that both victims are in stable condition," Mamdani wrote in a statement.
"The NYPD responded immediately and arrested Raul Morales in connection with both assaults—and I am grateful to the officers for their swift response."
The delayed response from Mamdani played into the fears of some observers that his critical stances towards Israel, views shared by many progressives, are feeding into hesitations about supporting Jewish communities in the U.S.

No comments:
Post a Comment