Cain slams Springsteen's political commentary
Cain’s critique extended to Springsteen’s hit 'Born in the U.S.A.,' which he described as a 'diss toward our country.' While the song is often misunderstood as a patriotic anthem, its lyrics address the struggles of Vietnam veterans.
| DeviantArt |
I used to be a Democrat back in the old days, but I couldn't go there anymore, you know? I'm a diehard conservative … And guys like Bruce Springsteen should shut up. You know, really, honestly, shut up, Bruce, you know? Him and … who's the other one? Robert De Niro. I mean, who cares, guys? Do your art. I try to keep politics out of my music. Jonathan Cain
. . . " Broader industry debate over politics in music
"Cain’s comments followed Mick Jagger’s more measured remarks on The New York Times podcast, where the Rolling Stones frontman said concerts should help audiences forget their problems rather than serve as political lectures. This alignment between artists from different bands underscores a broader industry conversation about whether political discourse belongs in live music settings, especially as fans increasingly expect either escapism or activism from performers." . . . More...
Journey star Jonathan Cain demands Bruce Springsteen 'shut up,' act like he was born in the USA . . . "Cain, who is married to a senior advisor for Donald Trump, strongly disagreed with that philosophy. He argued that few musicians are truly releasing patriotic music anymore, pointing to himself and Kid Rock as rare exceptions.
"Me and Kid Rock, we’re probably on an island," Cain said. "There’s a few of us, and I proudly stand there with my flag on that island. And if anybody’s got a problem with me, America and Jesus, then bring it."
Kid Rock has similarly come out against Springsteen, calling him "just another person with TDS," the acronym for "Trump Derangement Syndrome."
"To be in Europe talking junk about our president who gets up and works his ass off for this country, every day, and his administration is doing such great things… Thank God for him. But to do that in Europe… what a punk move," Rock told "Fox & Friends" in May after Springsteen said the U.S. was in the hands of a "corrupt, incompetent, and treasonous administration" while in Berlin.
No comments:
Post a Comment