"The charge of “Palestinian genocide” actually encompasses two bold, baseless lies.
" . . .Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, among others, became party to a great deception, since the PLO never gave up its official, explicitly stated goal of Israel’s annihilation. Though they are equally violent, at least Hamas is more explicit about its destructive agenda.". . .
"When I lived and studied in Israel in 1976, people usually referred to the fighting between Arabs and Jews in the Middle East as “the Arab-Israeli conflict,” recognizing it as a broader issue than just Israelis versus certain people living in refugee camps. The Yom Kippur War had happened only three years previously, and in 1976 much of the world marveled at the dramatic rescue by Israeli commandos of Jewish hostages held at Entebbe Airport in Uganda by Arab and German leftist hijackers. I remember well a lecture by a professor from Hebrew University that explained the essentially religious nature of the conflict. In the 1990s I taught a course about the conflict at a junior college in Osaka, but I downplayed its religious character to my students.
Since that time, the prominence of terrorist organizations like Hamas and Hezb’allah has made the Muslim character of hostility to Israel difficult to ignore. What I did not understand fully during the 90s is that it has always been that way, just as the Hebrew University professor told us. The historical facts are clear and plentiful, but many leftists, including even Jewish and Israeli leftists, have stubbornly refused to come to grips with them." . . .More...
Bruce W. Davidson is a professor emeritus of the school of humanities at Hokusei Gakuen University in Sapporo, Japan. From 1990 to 1995 he taught “The Arab-Israeli Conflict” at a junior college in Osaka. He studied in Jerusalem, Israel at the American Institute of Holy Land Studies in 1976
No comments:
Post a Comment