Thursday, July 30, 2026

Talarico: Everything I Needed to Know About Christianity I Learned From ...

 HotAir   "For a man who went to a Presbyterian seminary, James Talarico sounds very Unitarian. If that

"I'll be honest in tackling this with a certain amount of reluctance. People can come to Christianity, and especially Catholicism, through a variety of sources. To some extent, Christians can profit from outside philosophical resources, principally from Greek and Roman sources. When it comes to theology, however, risks escalate rapidly of becoming so flexible as to be heretical. 

"Of course, that assumes a level of honesty that likely doesn't exist in this statement from Talarico:" . . .

"The Daily Wire picked this up earlier in the week as well:

On the campaign trail, Democrat candidate James Talarico often describes his faith as “biblical Christianity.” But the Senate hopeful once credited Islamic mystics with shaping his faith just as much as Christian writers, audio unearthed by The Daily Wire reveals.

In a recent interview with The New York Times, Talarico asserted that his faith was rooted in “biblical Christianity.” During an appearance on The State of Belief podcast in April 2024 alongside Muslim state Rep. Salman Bhojani, Talarico praised Islam for shaping his religious beliefs. Those comments could come into play as debate heats up in Texas about Islam’s growing presence in the state. 

“I know personally that I’ve learned as much about my faith from Salman’s tradition, from the Islamic mystics, from poets like Rumi, as much as I have from Christian authors and Christian writers,” he said. “This kind of interfaith dialogue, it doesn’t water down your tradition, in fact it strengthens it, it brings out new flavors and new colors.”. . .  HotAir

No comments: