"Women's sports exist for a reason. The WNBA exists for a reason. If we erase the reason, eventually we're left with a basketball league that has forgotten what the “W” stands for." A.J. Rice
The WNBA's Meeting to Figure Out What a Woman Is Went As You'd Expect "What are you women doing? I’ve never seen an organization become so elite at self-sabotage. It’s entertaining, but also a little sad to watch. Like, a bunch of people who likely know what needs to be done, but are cornered by the insane antics of their woke fanbase. That’s also their fault and their problem, so that’s life. The WNBA held a meeting on Wednesday to determine what constitutes a woman. Better yet, it was a meeting about what the “W” stands for, the core of their existence, and it went nowhere (via ESPN): . . ."
Dissecting the WNBA’s man problems - A.J. Rice "The WNBA has spent years telling us that gender is whatever you say it is. Royce White is now calling the league's bluff.
"White, a former NBA player, says he intends to declare for the 2027 WNBA Draft as a “transgender woman.” He has challenged the league to explain why he shouldn't be eligible and has threatened legal action if it refuses him. When the obvious biological question came up, White put it in the most direct terms possible, referring to the fact that he has “a pair of balls.”
"Well, there you have it. The WNBA and their most powerful partners have spent years insisting that gender identity determines who is a woman. Now a former NBA player is simply taking the league at its word and asking for a roster spot." . . .
"The entire point of a women's athletic category is that women shouldn't have to compete against the physical advantages produced by male biology in order to earn the right to compete. Take that away, and you haven't made sports more inclusive. You've made them less fair. And eventually, the fans notice."
Feckless WNBA Bosses Meet to Define 'Woman'… and Come Up With Exactly Nothing . . . "Instead, they just blasted the “haters” who would dare to point out that allowing dudes to play in athletic competition against women is ludicrous, something we all know instinctively.
"Now, before anyone gets all up in arms and accuses me of misogyny for saying women are indecisive, let me say that I’ve earned the right to make gentle jokes about the fairer sex. I’m a married man with daughters, and I can tell you firsthand that they’re unafraid to make fun of my masculine foibles. The Wife™ is actually exceptionally decisive, and my couch is well aware of that fact.
"But seriously, they meet for hours over the ongoing transgender athlete drama and come up with nothing? It’s kind of pathetic, isn’t it?" . . .
WNBA Refuses to Rule Out Biological Men Playing in Women’s League
. . . “I got a lot of negative feedback about me hating trans. And I’m like, ‘I never once said that,’” Cunningham told ESPN. “I think that I am here to extend love. But I also think with that love is truth, being honest. And I want to protect young girls in a locker room, or young girls in sport who shouldn’t have to go against biological men.”
What part of this do they not understand?
WNBA Punts on Defining a “Woman” – JD Rucker
. . . "Meanwhile, the actual women in the league who still believe sex is real are left swinging in the wind. Indiana Fever guard Sophie Cunningham has said what most Americans already know. She wants to protect young girls in locker rooms and on the court from competing against biological men.
"For that common-sense position she has absorbed online abuse, game-day protests, and the predictable media framing that treats basic biology as bigotry.
"Then came the on-court reminder of how little protection these women receive. Chicago Sky guard DiJonai Carrington was ejected for a Flagrant 2 after striking Cunningham across the head. Carrington’s post-game contribution was a social media claim of “WHITE PRIVILEGE.”
Never an original thought. TD
No comments:
Post a Comment