Friday, August 7, 2026

Progressive challenger ousts Rep. Shri Thanedar, who tried to impeach Trump

 

Just The News   "Democratic socialist candidate Donavan McKinney was projected to win the Democratic primary to represent the Michigan 13th Congressional District on Wednesday morning.

"The Associated Press called the race at 9:59 a.m. on Wednesday morning, at which time McKinney held 51.9% of the vote to Thanedar's 48.1%, with 95% of precincts reporting.

"His victory marks the ouster of Rep. Shri Thanedar, D-Mich., who attracted national attention for introducing articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump early in 2025.

"Though Thanedar had the support of AIPAC, a pro-Israel group that has attracted scrutiny from the progressive left, and McKinney is a Democratic socialist, analysts generally did not view the race as a proxy battle for the progressive left and the establishment.

"The 13th District includes much of Detroit and Thanedar previously secured the Democratic nomination in part due to a divided black vote in the primary."   More...

Dem congressman calling for Trump’s impeachment was once accused of indescribable act involving 118 beagles in his pharmaceutical lab

Daily Mail Online reported:  . . . "Rep Thanedar told DailyMail.com on Thursday: 'These attacks are completely false and have been repeatedly litigated. When the lab was closed all of the animals were given to happy homes. In my long business career, I am proud to report that no animal was hurt or died under my watch.

'In Congress, I have made animal rights a top priority. I have a 100% record in protecting animal rights as a lawmaker, and I was honored to be awarded the Humane Society's highest legislative award not just once, but two years in a row. I look forward to building on my strong animal rights records this Congress and for years to come.'

"The Democrat previously told the HuffPost that the lab had been under the control of Bank of America after it was seized in the bankruptcy case." 

No comments: