"Take it from someone who knows. Gary isn’t in the dark because of racist white people. Gary is in the dark because of incompetent, selfish, self-interested black people who trade on the language of racism to maintain their power without accountability."
"Gary, Indiana, just wrapped up week two with no power, and the left-wing narrative on the extended blackout is (unsurprisingly), “It’s racism!” As someone who lived in Gary for a decade, I can tell you it is anything but that.
Gary made me a conservative. In 1999, I married a man from Gary and moved to his home on the west side. That marked the beginning of a 10-year journey in one of the most dangerous cities in America. I was a default Democrat at the time, like most black Americans. Still, as a Christian woman, I dove into community service right away, helping launch and direct an afterschool program.
"There I saw how all the laws and policies I had supported my entire adult life worked up close. I quickly discovered they don’t. I was treated to an endless stream of haughty, entitled bureaucrats who openly despised anyone trying to improve the city on their own. In a city that is almost all black and run exclusively by black people, you’d think I would have found many allies and people excited for progress. It was the exact opposite. Gary was a mess then, and it’s still a mess.
The cries of racism have been the loudest these past few days. Memphis is also experiencing a mass power outage, and Malcolm X impersonator Justin Pearson is using Gary’s current crisis to make a connection to the Memphis blackout:"
| Another Joy Reid type. |
"The post is quite the self-own. Pearson skates near the edges of the truth here, but per usual glides right by the obvious conclusion: Majority-black cities are governed terribly.
"Gary is not experiencing storm racism. Gary is experiencing complete incompetence, and the storm laid it bare. There are a few reasons Gary remains in a position of suffering.
"First, people literally shot at the power company. NIPSCO (Northwest Indiana’s energy provider) has reported that multiple bullets struck their vehicle as employees tried to navigate the streets of the city and make repairs.
"Second, people are abandoning their homes in search of air conditioning, gas, and electricity, leaving property vulnerable to thieves and home invaders. My senior citizen uncle refuses to leave his home for fear there will be nothing to come back to. He and his wife feel they must choose between suffering and theft." . . . More...
Kira Davis is a political pundit, broadcaster, and writer. She has appeared on outlets such as Fox News, Newsnation, Newsmax, BBC, and more. She is the author of “Drawing Lines: Why Conservatives Must Begin to Battle Fiercely In the Arena of Ideas” and lives in southern California with her family and a blind dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment