Monday, August 10, 2026

WNBA to meet to decide what its 'W' stands for

"The more I hear of the WNBA, the more I realize there is no intelligent life here on this planet." 

 Eric Utter 

"I’m a man. And yet I would not allow my daughter to be taken advantage of like this … no matter what, so help me God. No power on earth could compel me to do so."

AfterMath - Home

"Here is a recent headline, one that should be an excellent example of a Babylon Bee headline, but that isn’t a Babylon Bee headline, but a real one from Townhall -- an actual news outlet:

WNBA to Hold Meeting to Discuss What the ‘W’ Stands For.

"The more I hear of the WNBA, the more I realize there is no intelligent life here on this planet. Beam me up, Scotty. Please.

"The league is actually going to hold a meeting in an attempt to define what it thinks the definition of a female should be. And thus what kind of a female should be allowed to play in the league.

"The league’s Commissioner, Cathy Engelbert (hump-her-dink?), recently sent a memo to teams that addressed ongoing discussions around transgender athletes in women’s basketball. It read:

“I know many of you have received questions in recent weeks regarding transgender athlete participation in women’s basketball, and I expect this topic will continue to receive significant attention. I wanted to reach out to share how we are approaching these conversations at the league office and to thank those of you who have responded to questions from the media with thoughtfulness and professionalism.”

"The memo noted that the topic would be discussed further by a task force of team presidents and general managers at a previously scheduled meeting in the coming days.

"Though the league’s collective bargaining agreement clearly states that “only players who are women are eligible to play in the WNBA,” it does not include any more specific language about gender identity or sex assigned at birth, according to The Gateway Pundit. Uh-Oh." . . .More...

WNBA ought to remember Magic vs. Bird - American Thinker

. . . "The favorable attention that Clark and Cunningham have brought to the league is being thrown away by these race-obsessed fools. I don’t know if it is even possible for these women, but if they want to continue to have a league to showcase their talents and earn a pretty good living, they had better behave and start acting like Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. They would be stupid to cut off their nose because they don’t like the color of their face."


. . . "Cunningham had previously spoken out against biological men playing in women's sports, saying it was just "common sense." That earned her some protesters at games. Then Enes Kanter Freedom and Royce White, male former NBA players, said they would be declaring for the WNBA draft. That prompted the WNBA Players Association to issue a statement saying they embraced "inclusion," but they would not be "used as political pawns." . . . 

No comments: