"Rush Limbaugh would be proud of these guys. Illustrate the absurd through absurdity. But what makes it all truly absurd is the amount of reality involved here. Both Royce White and Enes Freedom are simply following the rules the left has created, and in the process, they can legitimately claim to have a shot at getting a roster spot in the WNBA."
| Conservative Political Cartoons |
"In other words, you have to take the left’s premise to its ultimate conclusion to more fully see just how messed up it is.
That would be a perfect description of how the WNBA is totally blowing its current men-in-women's-sports crisis." . . .
. . . "Reports are that the league is now reaching out to its teams to address, as US News and World Report reports, “ongoing discussions around transgender athletes in women's basketball.”
"WNBA Commissioner Cathy Englebert said, “I know many of you have received questions in recent weeks regarding transgender athlete participation in women’s basketball, and I expect this topic will continue to receive significant attention….I wanted to reach out to share how we are approaching these conversations at the league office and to thank those of you who have responded to questions from the media with thoughtfulness and professionalism.”
"According to reports, a task force of team presidents and general managers will take this issue up in the near future.
"This comes on the heels of flare-ups on the same issue, most recently sparked by Indiana Fever player Sophie Cunningham, who said loudly and proudly that she’s against men playing in the WNBA. For some reason, this was received by the WNBA as a controversial statement, even though the league wouldn’t even exist if it wasn’t for the “W” in its name, which stands for “Women's,” obviously.
"In an ESPN article on Cunningham that was published on July 21, Cunningham said: “I got a lot of negative feedback about me hating trans. And I'm like, 'I never once said that.' I think that I am here to extend love. But I also think with that love is truth, being honest. And I want to protect young girls in a locker room, or young girls in sport who shouldn't have to go against biological men.”
"While you can be sure that the powers that be in the league made it clear to her that what she said is not the company line, unlike so many celebrities in her position, she refused to follow the apology template.
"It goes something like this. First, the athlete speaks a universal truth. Then the athlete gets backlash from the woke left, which can’t accept the truth. Third, the athlete or the celebrity gets threatened with consequences if he or she doesn’t change their tune. Right after that, the celebrity walks the original comment back and apologizes “to anyone who may have been offended by my thoughtless comments.”
"Cunningham didn’t do any of that. Instead, she doubled down, framing her position not as anti-trans but rather just “common sense.'” . . .More...
No comments:
Post a Comment