"Remembering the victims is sacred. Remembering the evil that killed them is essential."
The American Spectator | USA News and Politics
"The final answer to September 11, then, cannot be a memorial alone. It must be a country that still believes those principles are worth defending. It must be a people confident enough in their civilization to still distinguish good from evil."
"In the 25 years since 9/11, Americans have spoken those words over and over each anniversary — a solemn promise to one another and to those lost. But a quarter century on, it’s worth pausing to question what exactly it is that we commit to remembering.
"Is it just the 2,977 victims and the selfless acts of heroism from firefighters, police, and ordinary Americans who rushed toward the chaos? Is it the deep, simmering anger that welled up in our hearts watching smoke rise above Manhattan and the Pentagon? Is it the 20 years of conflict that followed, with trillions of dollars and thousands more lives sacrificed in service of sometimes noble, sometimes foolhardy goals?
"Or is it something much deeper — something more fundamental about the fragility of life, the preciousness of freedom, and the nature of evil itself?
"In September of 2001, I was a 20-year-old freshman at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. Just a month before, I’d finished basic training, and the thrill of seeing majestic mountain peaks soar above the campus each day still had not worn off.
"I was in chemistry class when someone came in to say that a plane had flown into the World Trade Center. Like most Americans, my first thought was, “What a terrible accident.”
"We went through multiple uniform changes that day, and the pre-smartphone world meant I didn’t have access to any information until later that afternoon. I was on my way to basketball practice when I learned another plane had hit the second tower, and both had fallen. It was the first time I saw the footage on TV — images forever seared into the American consciousness.
"That was the first moment that I truly realized that evil existed in the world. Until then, I couldn’t imagine that there were people motivated enough to kill themselves by flying planes into buildings to kill people they never met. (RELATED: 9/11: Remembering the CIA’s Failure to Protect America)
"I also knew that, more than anything, I wanted to understand that evil so I could destroy it. Yes, I wanted revenge against the monsters who planned and executed this attack on our country. But I also wanted to eradicate the very ideology that lived in the hearts of these Islamic terrorists.". . . More.
Clayton Fuller is the congressman for Georgia’s 14th Congressional District. And may I say before searching his name that he is probably not a Democrat? TD
George W Bush Claims Islam Is 'Religion of Peace' for 9/11 Anniversary "So Much for 'Never Forget'"
Mamdani and AOC seen smiling and laughing as names of 9/11 victims are read Video "New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani and Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez were caught laughing together at the 9/11 25th anniversary memorial service on Friday while the names of victims were being read out by their relatives."The Democrats were seen bursting into laughter at the solemn Ground Zero event in lower Manhattan, at the same moment that mourners stood silently around them.
"A relative of a victim was seen weeping on the memorial seconds before the camera cut to Mamdani and Ocasio-Cortez, while victims' loved ones stood on stage reading the names of the deceased." . . .


No comments:
Post a Comment