Monday, December 31, 2012

My Favorite Marxists

Aaron Goldstein
"Although The Marx Brothers largely took an anarchistic approach to their brand of humor, it nevertheless retains both a sense of timelessness and reassurance. I am confident that a thousand years from now people will still be laughing at Groucho’s wisecracks, Chico’s puns, and Harpo’s facial expressions."
...."In 2013, aside from our individual trials and tribulations, we have the beginning of President Obama’s second term to look forward to or, more accurately, to dread. As Groucho’s Rufus T. Firefly sang upon assuming the presidency of Freedonia in Duck Soup, “If you think this country’s bad off now, just wait till I get through with it!”
"It’s going to be a long four years. They can take away the Constitution and they can take away our guns. But they can’t take away the laughter."   Hat tip to Christy Waters on Facebook

While a patient in the Camp Lejeune hospital, a staff sergeant in a nearby bed was doubled up with laughter that went on and on. I asked him what was so funny and he said "Nothing! This pain is killing me!'
Naturally I asked him why he was laughing and he said ,"This is the way I cry!"
With that in mind, let me wish you a happy new year and thank you for your readership.
The Tunnel Dweller.

No comments: