Friday, October 10, 2014

40 painful seconds of Alison Lundergan Grimes refusing to say whether she voted for President Obama

WaPo    "The life-long Democrat, whose father represented Kentucky for the party in the state House and who herself has been on the ballot in the state on the Democratic ticket, was asked a simple question. Did she vote for President Obama in 2008 and 2012?

"And she didn't answer. Repeatedly."
 

 
... "But there was no reason to do this. Grimes is fairly new on the national scene, but she's not new enough not to know how to answer this fairly simply. "Yes, I voted for him," you say, "but I've been disappointed by a lot of the things he's done, particularly on COAL and JOBS and GUNS" or whatever. It's simple. And then you can say, "but I backed Hillary in the primary" and so on and so on. 2008 was a landmark year, a wave for Democrats, when Obama's approval was sky-high. Of course she voted for him! Dodging the question looks like she's trying to hide her position, which is never the face you want to show -- particularly when conservatives are accusing her of hiding her positions on other things.
 
Chuck Todd: Alison Lundergan Grimes Has "Disqualified Herself"
People people aren't that stupid. How could Alison Lundergan Grimes -- I mean, what a rookie mistake. Just admit it and say, "He screwed up. I distanced myself from him. I regret my vote." Just anything, don't treat us like we're stupid.

 

No comments: