Monday, May 7, 2018

Marquette forum says 'white community' 'perpetuates racism'

Campus Reform


"Marquette University held a forum Wednesday for the “white community” to reflect on how it “perpetuates racism” after a racially charged photo began circulating on social media.
"The photo depicts four white males, two of who are holding toy guns, posing in front of a mirror with a black doll. The university has determined that only one of the four individuals is a Marquette student, adding that the photo “was taken more than a year ago in another state.”
"Administrators initially released a generic statementcalling the incident “completely unacceptable,” eliciting a firestorm of criticism from students complaining that the university did not take some form of concrete action.
“ 'I have the right to be at this university just like every other white student. I worked my ass off for my spot, twice as hard,” one student complained on Twitter. “And for the Lovell to laugh in the face of my struggle and oppression. Go f**k yourself. I am Marquette too.”
“ 'Admin needs to stop with the ‘Marquette doesn’t tolerate this’ bull****,’” another student declared. “Many students here are RACIST, gun worshipping hillbillies who hate minorities and refugees and I for one am not surprised one bit.' ” . . .

No comments: