Sunday, September 2, 2018

And the Paul Wellstone Memorial Award Goes To...

PJ Media




"I don’t mean to sound self-centered, but I hope that at my funeral, whoever delivers the eulogy will talk about me, and not their or my political enemies. It’s not much to ask, but frankly, I’d like to believe there’s more to me than the people I’ve had feuds with.
Not since the Paul Wellstone funeral have I been so disgusted at the gross politicization of a memorial service. Wellstone, you might remember, was the U.S. senator who died in a plane crash in 2002 less than two weeks before the midterm elections. In an effort to save the seat, Walter Mondale was selected to run, and the funeral services for Wellstone turned into a grossly inappropriate campaign rally." . . .


. . . "It’s hard to wrap my head around that fact that Meghan made the conscious decision to give the media, and basically the world, the opportunity to boil down her eulogy into a Trump smear rather than an ode to her father’s lifelong legacy. She just cemented her father’s legacy, not as a war hero and longtime U.S. senator, but as an enemy of Donald Trump. I’m sure even John McCain would rather be remembered for more than that." . . .

It was a Political Rally: Entire Audience Applauded Meghan McCain’s Vicious Attack on President Trump (VIDEO)
"This is not something you see at funerals. This was a pep rally against Trump."

No comments: