Friday, August 6, 2021

One US Women's Soccer Player Defies the Wokeness and Stands

One player who will not be a guest on late-night TV

 RedState


I think Carli Lloyd has spoken about why she doesn't want to kneel during the national anthem. But I'm curious if anyone has asked her why she chose not to take a knee for a minute before kickoff along with every other American player, staff member, and referee


"Who she should be questioning is the other women: Do they understand why they are kneeling and what it represents to many people? That’s what a reporter should be doing.

"Lloyd touched on the question of kneeling in the past.

"Here’s what she said in 2019 when she called such kneeling during the anthem a “distraction,” indicating that she thought this was the wrong platform for such things. “At the end of the day, I’m really proud to be an American,” Lloyd said. “I’m really proud to wear the red, white and blue. I’m proud to salute the flag.' ”

No comments: