Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Affiliates should dump Kimmel (TD's former favorite show)

Given how tethered Disney is to the Democrat Party, it is more likely Disney encouraged him to spew partisan propaganda rather than tell jokes.


 Don Surber  "I don't care what Jimmy Kimmel says on TV. My television set comes with two things: a channel changer and an off switch. I support his right to parrot the Democrat Party line instead of telling jokes. Disney can run whatever show it wants on its ABC network.

"The only thing I care about is his cavalier attitude toward local TV. In a three-way race for late-night ratings, he finishes fourth.

"Don't just take my word for it.

"Forbes reported on October 27, "With 2.494 million total viewers and 396,000 viewers in the key demographic group of adults 25-54, Gutfeld! beat not just everything else on cable, but the high-profile broadcast networks’ late night shows as well. CBS’ The Late Show with Stephen Colbert was a close second with 2.1 million viewers and 375,000 viewers in the key demo, followed by NBC’s The Tonight Show (1.289 million viewers and 318,000 in the demo), and ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live (1.285 million total viewers and 287,000 viewers in the key demo)."

"When some guy on cable doubles your audience, you should be ashamed. Gutfield does not have 240 stations carrying his show. He is on Fox News. And by the way, his is far from the most watched show on that channel.

"Instead of being ashamed, Kimmel brags about his show tanking.

" 'The LA Times reported on an interview he gave.

"The paper said, "Kimmel said that he 'lost half of my fan [base], maybe more than that,' due to his coverage of Trump and recalled that he was 'the most popular talk show host' among Republican viewers before the former Apprentice star took office. He said he knew where ABC’s concerns were coming from, but he stood his ground."

"Kimmel said he said, "Listen, if that’s what you want to do, I understand and I don’t begrudge you for it, but I’m not going to do that. So, you know, if you want somebody else to host the show, then that’s fine. That’s OK with me. I’m just not going to do it like that.' ". . .


No comments: