Saturday, September 16, 2023

Call me crazy!

  American Thinker

We've also learned that abortion is really women's health.  How's that working out for the baby?

"To quote Royce White, "Please.  Call me crazy!"  I'm serious.  I can't think of any other reason to explain what's going on in the good old USA. 

"We're told that electricity is the way to go.  Let's replace those old gas-guzzlers with neat-looking E.V.s with lots of LED screens, self-driving software, and more intelligence than most of their drivers.  And gas stoves?  A thing of the past, along with gas water heaters and home heating furnaces.  Bring on those kilowatts, but don't mention that we're retiring continuous-duty coal and gas generating stations so we can have windmills and solar farms that produce electricity for only six to seven hours a day.  And that's on a sunny, windy day.

"Now they're working on adaptors so we can back-feed our homes from our E.V. batteries when the power goes out.  Pure genius!  When the E.V. battery runs out, as it inevitably will,  we can just sit in the dark, since we can't drive to the local motel in a dead E.V.

"I will admit, though, I will defend my DeWalt cordless electric drill with my life.

"But we don't need no stinkin' oil.  We'll adapt.  We really don't need all those other products that use petroleum as a raw material.  I'm sure we'll get used to natural fibers for our clothes,  and those woolen boxers and bras will be just dandy once we get used to them.  No more polyester, nylon, rayon, orlon, Dacron.  No more LL Bean fleeces.  No more plastic anything.  Stop the drilling now!" . . .

No comments: