Sunday, November 26, 2023

Why The Left’s Antisemitic Hysterics Shouldn’t Surprise Anyone

 The Federalist

In the wake of Oct. 7, the left’s response makes much more sense when you consider the falsehoods they choose to believe about Israeli history.


. . ."Despite my friend blaming “the occupation” for all the problems of the region and talking about trauma during the Second Intifada when Israel clamped down on the uprising, I found him an honorable and well-intentioned guy, albeit with a view of history I later found to be inaccurate.

"The people I did not find honorable or relatable were the Western volunteers. In fact, I found them to be victimhood parasites, feeding vicariously off the victim narrative under the guise of compassion. This has begun to grate on me more and more in the years since I was in Israel and Palestine and now makes the radical left’s reaction to the situation all the more explainable.

"Much of what was told to me during my time in Palestine was patently false. But the most harmful and untrue narratives didn’t come from Palestinians: They came from the Western leftists pretending to adopt their cause.

"I went on tours and volunteered with Westerners who blithely dismissed murders of Israeli “settlers” in the nearby neighborhood as mere attention-seeking. They glossed over Palestinians running at IDF soldiers in vicious knife attacks, implying it was understandable or at least not that notable.

"Even the Israeli man planting flowers next to the new Jewish homes near Machpelah was clearly full of hate, couldn’t we see? The rest of Hebron where Palestinians resided was immaterial: That didn’t matter; any of their problems were clearly from this small central area they didn’t control! They were victims, they had to stay victims. That was their role." . . .

Voice Of America Aids Hamas By Refusing To Call Them Terrorists (thefederalist.com)

Has the Left Finally Blown It? - American Thinker

No comments: