“James Talarico can’t outrun his own radical record, and this bombshell video proves it,” Cercy said. “Now, even he admits his position ‘hasn’t changed.'”
"Texas Democratic U.S. Senate nominee James Talarico told a woman posing as a supporter on Sept. 13 that his position on transgender issues “hasn’t changed,” according to an undercover video clip.
"The recording, captured at Houston’s Wheeler Avenue Baptist Church, shows the Democrat responding to a woman who asked whether he would defend her “niece who is trans” and her ability to compete in women’s sports, the Daily Wire reported.
"Talarico assured her he would carry his legislative record into the Senate.
"“Always,” he said. “The way I fought for trans kids in the legislature is how I will fight for them in the U.S. Senate. And my position hasn’t changed.”
"The candidate added that transgender sports eligibility should be handled locally and insisted his approach remained the broadest in the field.
"'I still think these should be local decisions, sport by sport, athlete by athlete, and I think I have the most inclusive policy of any candidate who’s running,” Talarico said. “So I know things are getting clipped and stuff, but my views, my position hasn’t changed.” . . . More...
No comments:
Post a Comment