Wednesday, October 12, 2022

The woke military is an institution that is breaking down

"I believe we’re entering a stage of government oppression from which it will be very difficult to escape" 

  Matt Rowe  "I recently read a Fox News article that presented the views of a number of anonymous military members regarding the “woke” military. The service members almost universally agreed that senior members who openly disagree with the direction the military is heading risk their careers or retirement pensions.

“Merely questioning the goals or methods used to promote ‘Equity & Diversity’ is punished and that punishment is swift, harsh, and public”....

[snip]

“Most of us who serve did so because we came from military families. Patriotism and American values are no longer appreciated or expected”....

"I am a 4th generation veteran in my family. My wife, who immigrated to the US, is the first generation on her side. We served in the 1980-1990s and saw the very beginning of wokeness and its consequences. Even before that, in the early 1980s, as a Military Policeman, I was falsely accused a few times of either racism or sexism for pulling over a speeder or making a uniform correction. At the time, I figured all cops get that occasionally... maybe the person even believed it to be true. It certainly wasn’t.". . .

No comments: